people say having an audience will help u get users
but if the audience you built on different platforms are not your target audience for your product
this is most likely what’s going to happen:
if your followers like you, they might check it out and sign up, giving u that initial hit during launch but after that, your DAUs will just drop to 0 lol
some ways to prevent this
- build an audience related to what you’re building
- might involve tweeting / making content which attracts your target audience
- find places where your target audience hang out and become friends with them
- launch there.
i saw this really famous youtuber techwithtim who makes content around programming try do this and absolutely fail
kinda sad that he didnt realize this but this was what happened
- his audience are people who’re learning to code
- he joins this startup building for athletes?!
- shills his startup in his yt channel ( 1M subs )
- gets 1k users during launch :/
takeaway: having audience != DAUs to your product if your audience is not your target audience